Darparu gwybodaeth am fwyd a ffermio organig yng Nghymru
Ymddiheuriadau, ond nid oes cyfieithiad Cymraeg o'r dudalen hon ar gael.
ADAS is the UK's largest independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services and policy advice. ADAS has a unique combination of insight and practical experience, underpinned by robust, informed, science-based information. Our great strength is our breadth and depth of expertise spanning the entire environmental sector.
ADAS been involved in the provision of practical research and consultancy to the organic sector in Wales for over 20 years. The organic unit at ADAS Pwllpeiran was set up in 1993 to see if organic farming methods could be adopted by hill livestock farms. It was one of the first organic beef and sheep hill farms in Wales.
Our range of expertise and understanding of the organic market allows us to work with large agri-businesses or small holders thinking of conversion, through to well-established organic producers looking to develop supply chains for their products.
ADAS consultants cover all agricultural sectors with specialists in organic dairy, beef, sheep, arable and horticulture.
ADAS consultants can deliver:
• Organic conversion advice to farmers in Wales. We identify the requirements of farming organically for any particular holding, including the need to farm in accordance with Organic Standards. Main areas addressed include planning stocking rates, awareness of health planning, housing and feeding regimes, as well as the need to plan crop rotations and grassland management. Up to date information relating to relevant grants is also provided.
• Detailed nutrient planning services through our FACTS and BASIS qualified advisers for farmers wishing to optimise production from their units.
• Detailed business planning for farm businesses, including the Organic Strategic Business Plans required as part of the Glastir Organic Scheme.
• Diversification and marketing strategies for farmers and food businesses.
• Advice on Cross Compliance and environmental legislation, particularly the SSAFO Regulations which relate to farm infrastructure. Assistance can also be provided with building planning advice if required.
01656 881069; 07867 906570
Unit 10D, Cefn Llan Science Park, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3AH
Canolfan Organig Cymru, IBERS, Campws Gogerddan
Prifysgol Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3EB
T:01970 622248 E: email@example.com